Tuesday 14 July 2009

68 - Back For Good...

I have been a bad parent to both golf and my little blog, I’ve neglected them terribly over the last few months and it is unforgivable. My lack of attention is so bad that I’m terrified that the Social Services are going to kick my door in and put my clubs and laptop with foster parents…or summat. Anyway, I’m going to make a fresh start, I promise.

The first thing the two regular visitors to this little corner of the web will notice are the new website address (RAIG – Rob’s Adventure In Golf, geddit?) and the Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen make over the place has had (it is amazing what you can do with a bit of MDF and some rag rolling). Many thanks to Tommy at Tangent12.co.uk for all his hard work.

The old site was very, well, grey wasn’t it? I hope you like the new colour scheme, I felt that it was important that my blog at least looks like it has something to do with golf as the last incarnation of this blog had a whiff of a recruitment site for Hitler’s SS (see below). Plenty of greens, browns and sandy hues now – very Earthy, hopefully a bit more appropriate.

I’m going to try and improve the content too with more on topic posts and reductions in swear words. When I started this little blog it was for me so I didn’t care if it offended people who stumbled across it but on reflection this may have been a little naïve as my potty mouth might put off visitors from returning in the future. From now on there will be less cussing.

I’ve also decided to introduce some regular features for fun. There are a lot of things that irritate me about golf; some serious, some not quite as serious and some just plain silly and I’ve decided to vent about them on this little corner of the web in the Monday Rant. If I write anything half decent I’m going to send them to Golf Whine Monthly to try and win a wedge or something.

Instead of the blog being all about me, me, ME all the time I’ll try and comment about other things happening in the world of golf too, maybe in some sort of weekly round up with a bit of spin (see what I did there?) Ahem. I might try and work on my jokes too.

You can help too by emailing the address of this website to 200 of your closest friends to spread the word. Also, on the right under the heading of ‘blogcatalog’ there is a little drop down box where you can rate this site. Why not, erm, rate this site?!

So, with the website looking better and my appetite for the game restored I’m excited to welcome you back into Rob’s World…I hope you enjoy your stay!!!

0 comments: