Sunday 8 August 2010

168 - Quote/Unquote...

Sammy Davis Jr. hits the ball 130 yards and his jewellery goes 150. - Bob Hope

(On refusing to use a long-handled putter) If I'm going to putt and miss, I want to look good doing it. - Chi Chi Rodriguez

(On John Daly's driving power) Man! I can't even point that far! - Gay Brewer

Handicap: a device for collective bargaining on the first tee. - Anon

If you want to take long walks, take long walks. If you want to hit things with sticks, hit things with sticks. But there's no excuse for combining the two and putting the results on television. Golf is not so much a sport as an insult to lawns. - National Lampoon

(On being asked, before his final round, what he had to shoot to win the tournament) The rest of the field. - Roger Maltbie

Time can run backwards if there's a woman on the course. - Henry Beard

To be truthful, I think golfers are overpaid. It's unreal, and I have trouble dealing with the guilt sometimes. - Colin Montgomerie

Some of these legends have been around golf a long time. When they mention a good grip, they're talking about their dentures. - Bob Hope

The more I practice, the luckier I get. - Gary Player

0 comments: