Wednesday 4 August 2010

165 - Strike Two...

I wanted a shirt to help me stay cool and dry on the course (when I haul my carcass down there), look cool and dry on the course but I didn’t want something too obvious. With that in mind I bought myself a couple of Oakley Strike polo shirts.

Why the Oakley Strike I hear no-one scream? I’m glad you didn’t ask! The polo’s are made from clever materials; they are well designed and not only were they well priced but were available as part of a 2-for-1 offer at onlinegolf.co.uk. Seemed like a bit of a no brainer to me.

So how do they work? I’m glad you didn’t ask again! Well, the surface of the shirt is woven into a small hexagonal pattern and, according to the bumf, it is constructed from a material that is breathable and incorporates moisture wicking properties to help evaporate perspiration. Interesting.

Also, thanks to some clever technology, you remain odour free. I’ll believe that when I see it (or not smell it I suppose).

After every round I am sweating like a glass blowers arse so if this bit of kit can help me keep dry and fragrant I’ll be impressed – or I’ll be wearing an Always Ultra I suppose. Ahem…

The other thing I really like about these shirts, and Oakley shirts in general, is that they fit me properly. Oakley is an American company and I’m build like an American these days which is usually a pain when it come to buying clothing, but not with this firm.

These are all season shirts too. The polo’s are light enough to be worn over a base layer or under a jumper so they can be worn in autumn when it is freezing, winter when it is freezing, spring when it is freezing or summer when it is, erm, freezing. I like this versatility.

Choosing Oakley instead of the more obvious manufacturers is a subtle way of standing out but a more obvious way is to buy the shirt in Brilliant Blue like I did (above). The colour is so loud it will give you tinnitus at a range of half a mile, which is my favourite thing about the top.

0 comments: