Tuesday 10 August 2010

170 - Recline In Style...

So I am the proud owner of a pair of expensive Oakley sunglasses. They are sexy, designer wrap around shades that work brilliantly and look the absolute dogs danglies. I bought them to be used exclusively on the golf course but now I’m having second thoughts.

You see, because they are so nice and sexy and expensive I’m terrified that they will get damaged or lost as I hack my way around the local municipals which kind of defeats the point in me getting them I suppose. It also means that I’m still blinded by the sun whenever it bothers to peak from behind a cloud.

I needed a back up plan. Ideally I wanted a pair of cheap, good looking, designer shades that work as well as the Oakley’s but cost a fraction of the price so that I wouldn’t be heartbroken should they get crushed in my bag or left near the 15th green. Step forward the Sundog Recline’s.

Recline...Sundog, while being a big name in the sunglasses world, aren’t quite the giants that Oakley are, a fact reflected in the price of their products but certainly not the quality.

The company produces excellent eyewear for golf, cycling and baseball with a number of big name sport stars on board.

Golf stars Paula Creamer, Hunter Mahan (recent winner of the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Cluband) and Mike Weir have long running deals with the company and all have their own range of designer eyewear. I’m not a big enough star to have my own range just yet so I have had to make do with a pair of off the shelf.

Maybe ‘make do’ isn’t the write thing to say as the Recline’s are superb. I’ll be honest, they are not as good as my Oakley’s but they were considerably cheaper, coming in at just £10 for a pair of well designed, well made shades. At that price the fear that they will be damaged or lost is all but eliminated too.

I was so impressed by the glasses that once I had worn them for a couple of hours I immediately bought a second pair in a different colour. I now have them both tucked safely in my golf bag should the sun finally make an appearance this summer.

0 comments: