Friday 4 June 2010

140 - What Have I Started...

The reader of this crappy little blog will know that over the last couple of weeks I’ve received some tuition on golf fundamentals from two mates Terry and Richie. Both of them have given me really useful tips and both were really impressed with me, and by me I mean my clubs.

In the first session with Terry he had a few shots with my Mizuno MP57’s and went all quiet before mumbling something along the lines of “these feel great” over and over again. He then had a few shots with my MP-R wedge and my F-60 3 wood and there were yet more mumbles from him.

Next I went to Kirkby Golf Course for a session in the bunker and around the green with Richie. I only took my MP-T wedge but it was enough to produce quiet utterances of pleasure from Richie as he attacked the pin from the sand and light rough surrounding the green.

62...The upshot is that both Terry and Richie are now the owners of new clubs!

Both of them were debating about getting new clubs but after a few balls with my Mizuno’s Terry was convinced he needed some new bats which in turn made Richie’s mind up.

Terry scoured the Internet and picked up a set of Mizuno MP62’s (right) for a ludicrously low price (less that £200 I think – not bad for a set that are going for £400 today) and Richie plumped for a set of MP57’s like mine for about the same price. Richie is now looking for a MP-T too now and a bag too!

Those two were already fans of Mizuno and both have vintage sets (that I think they are going to get on eBay as soon as possible) but now they have shiny new sets like mine. I’m worried about what we will look like if we all turn up to play at the same time.

Is there anything worse than seeing a group of beuts decked out in all the same gear on the tee? The three of us will look like we read a magazine and bought the latest fashion – actually we won’t, we will be using Mizuno not Nike…

0 comments: