Saturday 12 June 2010

145 - Quote/Unquote...

If there's a faster way to turn a Jekyll into a Hyde than by handing a man the driver, we don't know of it. - Lew Rushman

Water creates a neurosis in golfers. The very thought of this harmless fluid robs them of their normal powers of rational thought, turns their legs to jelly, and produces a palsy of the upper limbs. - Peter Dobereiner

Putting allows the touchy golfer two to four opportunities to blow a gasket in the short space of two to forty feet. - Tommy Bolt

If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf. - Bob Hope

A Lorena Bobbitt: a nasty slice. - Gary McCord

Lee Trevino is the only man I know who talks on his backswing. - Charley McClendon

The Coarse Golfer is one who shouts 'Fore!' when he putts. - Michael Green

Until you play it, St Andrews looks like the sort of real estate you couldn't give away. - Sam Snead

The only time I talk on a golf course is to my caddie. And then only to complain when he gives me the wrong club. - Seve Ballesteros

(After her tee shot bounced off a tree and nestled in her bra) I'll take a two-shot penalty, but I'll be damned if I'm going to play the ball where it lies. - Elaine Johnson

0 comments: