Thursday 29 July 2010

163 - From Florence With Love…

Watching the British Open recently I noticed that Robert Karlsson’s clothes had a big symbol on them but I couldn’t make it out. I assumed it was his own logo as a lot of the players have their own design to identify their brand but it turns out it is the mark of exclusive clothing designers, Conte of Florence.

Conte of Florence are well know on the continent but have kept under the radar in Britain which instantly makes me interested in them (I am a bit of a snob after all). The company produces clothing for skiing, sailing as well as golf, all with that typical Italian flair.

Italian...Their gear is on the expensive side but I guess you get what you pay for, in this case it is a designer Italian garment that is seldom seen on the courses of Britain - I would pay a little more for the exclusivity the brand provides.

Interestingly the company hosts a mini golf competition in Florence every December where sponsored players hit balls from the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge down onto floating greens in the Arno river.

There are only a few online stockists selling Conte of Florence clothing (other than a eBay seller in Lithuania with designs I cannot find anywhere else on the Internet – hmmm) so I think it is going to be difficult getting my grubby little hands on some of that sweet Italian fashion.

0 comments: