Wednesday 1 October 2008

28 - Balls To You...Possibly!!!

I mentioned in a previous post that I have designed a little kangaroo that I draw on my balls so that when people find one of the many I have hacked into the rough they know it is mine and can get it on eBay to make a few bob on the back of my fame (I think it is important to give something back to my legions of fans. Ahem.) Anyway, I got around to drawing them.

As you can see on the slightly out of focus and generally shit photo, the little fellas are looking ok…well I think so anyway. I added a little line underneath his foot and tail to help me line up my putts (not that it works). According to one apparent ‘art critic’ the addition of the line makes it look like an Egyptian hieroglyph again. Listen mate, opinions are like arseholes; everyone has got one and I don’t want to listen you yours.

It may come as a shock to some of you but it is much easier drawing a little roo on a Post-it Note at your desk than it is to do on a ball on your couch. This accounts for the variation in quality of design on the balls (the one on the bottom looks like it has a massive stiffy for example whereas the one on the top and the left one look hot to trot). I’m proud of that little logo though and might stick it on more stuff.

While investigating websites that print shit on merchandise for the R.I.G.S. project, I found a couple of websites that will happily put logos on golf balls for a surprisingly small fee. For example, a dozen Callaway Warbird’s (currently my favourite rough finding missile) with a logo on cost about a fiver more than 12 blank ones. That isn’t bad, especially when you consider that a Sharpie marker costs eight whoring quid if you get it at the Aintree Driving Range…

So, all things being equal, there might be a few gleaming golf balls with my little roo professionally emblazoned on them finding their way into rough, bouncing off trees, plopping into water hazards, bouncing down dual carriageways and screaming through windows of nursing homes soon. Who knows, if you are good, I might even give some away in another of my famous competitions (only famous because they never seem to fucking happen).

0 comments: